Saturday 3 December 2016

Frugal Countdown to Christmas...Day 22...Snowball Cookies


 I shared this recipe last year in the Countdown to Christmas, but they are my absolute favourite Christmas treat. I started going out with my husband  a little over 16 years ago and given that it was 2 months before Christmas, it was not long before I met his extended family. I remember being introduced to snowball cookies that very 1st Christmas and I loved them!  Last year was the first year that I finally cooked them myself. They are so yummy and they melt in your mouth. They are one of the things that I look forward to eating every Christmas. The great thing about this recipe, is that you can make it a month in advance and freeze it in an airtight container and it is still as delicious as when they are first cooked. Also it costs under $5 to make...yay!!

 So folks, here is the recipe.....

     Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup pure icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
Pure icing sugar for rolling

      Instructions
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Line a tray with baking paper.
Mix butter with 1/2 cup icing sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until fluffy.
Add flour and salt until dough comes together.
Roll into 1 Tbsp size balls and place on tray.
Bake 7-8 minutes, until bottoms are just slightly brown.
Fill small bowl with icing sugar.
Roll each ball until covered.
Place on rack to cool.
Once cooled, roll again in powdered sugar.






If there is one treat you make this Christmas, then it definitely should be these! You won't regret it!!

Enjoy!

Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment