Wednesday 1 March 2017

Vegemite Scrolls

My boy has been begging me to take vegemite scrolls to School for lunch. I have heard that they are super easy & cheap to make and I have been meaning to try them for ages, and I finally did! They really are super easy to make. They also freeze really well. I have been taking them out of the freezer in the morning and they are defrosted and ready to go by lunchtime and still really yummy. So it certainly makes for a super easy lunch and I don't have to make sandwiches in the morning.


The recipe I used was from The Stay at Home Mum

Ingredients
* 3 Cups Self Raising Flour
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 50 grams butter, at room temperature
* 1 1/2 cups Milk
* 200g Cheese, grated
* 2 Tbls Vegemite

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees
2. Sift flour & salt into a mixing bowl.
3. Rub in the butter until the mixture looks like fine bread-crumbs. 
4. Stir in enough milk to make a soft dough.
5. Knead for a few minutes in a mix master (or knead on a lightly floured board).
6. On a lightly floured board, roll to form a rectangle that is roughly 40cm x 25cm. 
7. Spread the vegemite over the dough using a blunt knife.
8. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese over the top.
9. Roll up the dough starting from the long side. 
10. Cut 10 x 4cm pieces from the roll. 
11. Place pieces on a lined baking tray and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
12. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.









Enjoy, 
Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment