Wednesday 15 April 2015

Roast Chicken and Baked Vegtables.

Hello, 
Last night we had Roast Chicken and baked vegetables. I cooked one of those delicious steggles chickens that I got on sale for $2.66! Baked it on 190 degrees for about 1 hour & 40 mins. We had baked pumpkin, potato & sweet potato. I laid it out on a tray & drizzled some oil over it and baked for an hour, turning after 1/2 hour. I also steamed some peas in the microwave and made some instant gravy. Super cheap meal. There's enough meat left over for my homemade pizza's and southwest chicken casserole and all for $2.66! Love it! We were going to use the leftover tonight for the casserole but ended up staying at my sisters for dinner, so I will just freeze it for when we need it. 
Got to love a good old fashioned baked dinner! Even better when the total cost was around $3.50! These chickens are the perfect example of why I set my budget over the month/year and not per week. It's great to stock up on things when you get them on a super good deal.
That's it for now folks.
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment