Wednesday 22 April 2015

Melted Crayon Canvas

So I've said before how much I love Pinterest. And given that I love saving money and DIYing, I therefore love trying projects out. I always feel like Pinterest makes every project look really easy, but lets face it sometimes they are just not as easy as the seem. Like my latest project. Have you ever seen the melted crayon canvas project. You know the one where you melt crayons onto a canvas with a hairdryer?? How could this possibly go wrong right?? Wrong!! I must say that the outcome I do love and it was fun but super messy and definitely not enjoyable to clean up afterwards. As your melting the crayons, they splatter onto everything. Here's what my hands looked like at the end...




 And my blinds.....
It was also all over our table, one of our dining chairs and all over my shirt.
 But I love the way it looks!

And here it is hanging in my study...a bit of colour in that room finally!



So my advice would be, If you are going to try this yourself, put on some old clothes, drag an extension cord outside and do it on the grass. Your hands will still get dirty but they are the easiest thing to clean afterwards. It's fun to make and dirt cheap! The cost of the project was less than $5...that's my type of bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment