Sunday 20 December 2015

Countdown to Christmas Day 7....Peppermint Cookies!

One of the best things about blogging is that it's an excuse to bake lots of goodies. I am so excited that I stumbled upon these because I really truly think that they may be the BEST COOKIES I HAVE EVER TASTED! They are seriously amazing!!! I found the recipe at  http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/a-holiday-cookie-exchange-and-giveaway/. Being in Australia, I had to make 1 change to the recipe as I could not find mint choc chips. So I replaced the mint choc chips with 1 packet of After Dinner Mints, that I broke apart and mixed in. Here is the recipe from Leigh Anne Wilkes from Your Home Based Mom....

Peppermint Cookies
 
Author: 
Recipe type: Cookies
Ingredients
  • ½ C butter
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • pink or red food coloring
  • 1½ tsp baking powder
  • 1¾ C flour
  • 1 C mint chocolate chips
  • candy canes, crushed
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Grease cookie sheet
  3. Cream together sugar, butter, egg, salt and food coloring.
  4. Stir in baking powder, flour and vanilla.
  5. Add chocolate chips.
  6. Roll dough into ball, dip in crushed candy canes.
  7. Bake 10 minutes.

Enjoy baking!

Kylie xx



No comments:

Post a Comment