Sunday 6 December 2015

Countdown to Christmas Day 19...Snowball cookies


 I started going out with my husband when I was 16. Seeing as we started dating only 2 months before Christmas, it was not long before I met his extended family. I remember being introduced to snowball cookies that very 1st Christmas and I loved them! Now 16 years later (yes that's right folks, I'm 32), there is not 1 family Christmas that I can remember not having them. They are so yummy and they melt in your mouth. They are one of the things that I look forward to eating every Christmas. So this year, I have finally decided to make them myself.

 Here's the recipe

     Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup pure icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
Pure icing sugar for rolling
      Instructions
Preheat oven to 190 % Celsius.
Line a tray with baking paper.
Mix butter with 1/2 cup icing sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until fluffy.
Add flour and salt until dough comes together.
Roll into 1 Tbsp size balls and place on tray.
Bake 7-8 minutes, until bottoms are just slightly brown.
Fill small bowl with icing sugar.
Roll each ball until covered.
Place on rack to cool.
Roll again in powdered sugar if required.






If there is one treat you make this Christmas, then it definitely should be these! You won't regret it!!


Kylie xx

2 comments:

  1. Yum! these look delicious! I've been with my hubby since I was 16 also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so yummy! That's lovely. 16 feels like so long ago, but growing into adults together is sweet!:)

      Delete