Wednesday 2 December 2015

Countdown to Christmas Day 23....2 tone Christmas swirl cupcakes

My son has a preschool Christmas party tomorrow and all the parents are bringing something in to share. I was rostered on cupcakes but I was informed by Mr 4 that all the gorgeous ideas that I had, were already made by some parents the other day. So in attempt to do something different (at 9pm the night before, with no supplies in the house) I decided to do something I have never tried and always wanted to. So, here you go, my attempt at 2 tone swirl cupcakes!

Firstly you need to make up your cupcakes according to your packet or recipe.
Then Mix up a double batch of butter cream icing and separate into 2 bowls.
Colour each lot of icing a different colour.
Place each colour in its own piping bag.


Snip the end of each bag and then gently place both bags inside a third bag, that already has the piping nozzle of your choice attached.


And then just pipe away. I messed the 1st 2 up but then it was super easy. 


I love the contrast between the 2 tones!


Super quick & easy! It's also come to my attention that I think I may have an obsession with piping bags and butter cream icing! There is so much you can do with them!


Finish off with some sparkles to garnish and your done!

Instructions for one batch of butter cream Icing
Beat 125g of softened butter, until white & fluffy.
Add 2 Tablespoons of milk.
Gradually add 1.5 cups of icing sugar, until all combined.


Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment