Sunday 30 August 2015

Weetbix Slice

I love browsing recipes on pinterest! If your anything like me, you have a thousand pins and not enough man hours in your lifetime to do all the things that you pin! Anyway, I have seen this recipe floating around pinterest for a while now and finally decided to make it. Let me tell you, It did not disappoint! The ingredients are mostly things that you would have in your pantry and I got a whopping 28 slices out of 1 batch, so it's a really low cost slice to make. But most importantly....It is delicious! I can't believe I waited this long to try it! below is the recipe I used, but there are many other variations floating around pinterest, if your interested. 
WEETBIX SLICE
 (recipe adapted slightly from http://laughingkidslearn.com/2014/08/weetbix-slice-kids-can-make.html/)
Ingredients:
  1. 3 WeetBix crushed
  2. 1 1/2 cups plain flour
  3. 1 cup desiccated coconut
  4. 125g butter or margarine
  5. 3/4 cups brown sugar
  6. 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate melts (for icing)
Instructions:
  1. Grease and line a tray with baking paper
  2. Combine all dry ingredients with butter or margarine
  3. Press mixture into a tray with a spoon and bake at 180C (356F) for 25 minutes
  4. When slice is cool smooth over melted chocolate and refrigerate until set 



 When I spread mine out in the tray, I felt like it needed some more butter to hold it together, but resisted the temptation to put more in and it turned out perfect!



This recipe is super easy to make and the perfect one to get the little kids in on helping you make it
Enjoy,
Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment