Thursday 20 August 2015

Chicken slow cooker meals

This week at the meat market they had chicken breast for $4.99 a kilo (2.2 pounds)! Boy was this frugal mumma excited!! I bought 5 kilo’s, but at that price I’m thinking I should have bought more.  Normally I just break it up into 500g bags and freeze it, but I thought I would try some pre-bagged slow cooker meals. I’m sharing 2 recipes with you today, found at  https://kleinsis.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/its-nearly-time-lets-pepare/ , but have adapted them a little to suit us a little more. Please visit the site for the original recipes and double the batch for larger quantities.

Teriyaki Chicken:
( https://kleinsis.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/its-nearly-time-lets-pepare/)
3 Carrots
½ red onion
½  Can chopped pineapple
1 Tbls minced Garlic
1 Potato, diced
500g Chicken breast
½  Cup Teriyaki Sauce

Put all ingredients into a ziplock bag and freeze.
Completely thaw and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

BBQ Chicken:

(https://kleinsis.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/its-nearly-time-lets-pepare/)

1/3 large Green capsicums
1/3  large Red capsicum
1/2 Onion
2 Potatoes
2 tsp minced garlic
500g  Chicken breasts
¼ cup Tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. Worcester sauce
½  Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Mustard
¼ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp BBQ sauce

Put all ingredients into a ziplock bag and freeze.
Thaw completely, and Cook in your slow cooker on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours




Learn from me and buy some large ziplock bags. I only had sandwhich ziplock bags & they are almost bursting at the seems. So excited that I have finally made some of these!!

That’s it for now friends.
Enjoy your day,

Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment