Sunday 14 June 2015

Getting Life Organised Part 2!

I LOVE projects!! My problem (which drives my husband crazy) is that I’m not great at just sticking with one project at a time. I start something and then before finishing,  start something else and then something else...well you get the picture. Basically I have numerous projects going at the same time, that I never seem to finish. At the moment this is what our playroom floor looks like.



It is almost finished. We had made a financial decision to do the floor bit by bit, but we could have it finished by now, however we have not. We have lost my floor mojo lol. Hoping to get it back soon.

We also decided to fix up our blinds. We have vertical blinds that are an ugly grey/blue and have creases in them but other than that there is nothing wrong with them. Seeing as we didn’t want to spend $1-$2K on new blinds, I decided to straighten and paint them. A frugal mumma gets unbelievably excited when you can spend $20, instead of a few thousand! I have straightened & painted the 1st coat of the blinds on one window. They look fantastic, but it’s a time consuming process and with sick kiddies for the last few weeks, I haven’t gotten back to doing them. Here is a comparison...left side is straightened & painted beige....right side is creased & gross! Sorry about the bad pic. It doesn't show the colour change well.



We have also painted a good portion of the house. Walls in most rooms are finished but we are only part way through painting the skirting's & architraves. Or take the back of our front door for example, it’s had one coat. We will finish it one day!

The problem is life gets busy and it may take months before I have time to finish them. When I do finally get time to finish them, I’m not sure where to start cause I have too many things that I want to get finished!
So as part of my “Getting Life organised” challenge, I have decided to only concentrate on one project at a time (I can hear my husband screaming with joy already!).  My aim is actually going to be to get one big project done a month. If I finish a project and have time to go onto another than I will. But I’m starting small. 
So here’s my project goals for the next few months:
June – Finish the floor (and if extra time, continue on with painting)
July- Finish painting the back of the front door and all the architraves and skirtings that we have started.
August – Straighten & paint blinds

Let’s hope I stay organised and start getting these half done projects finished!


Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment