A few weeks ago I made some "muesli bars". Now I say "muesli bars" because that's what they were called but I am warning you now that they are far too delicious and naughty to use as muesli bars. Really I would class it as a delicious slice, posing as a muesli bar. In fact, next time I make them, they won't be going in lunch boxes as a semi healthy treat! Instead I will make it when I'm looking for a delicious slice to feed the masses, as it creates a large quantity. It is deliciously chewy and sweet!
So here's the recipe....
CRUNCHY HONEY OAT MUESLI BARS
-7 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
-1.5 cups of choc chips/peanuts/walnuts
-3/4 cup honey
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1 Tbl vanilla extract
-2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Set the oven to 190 degrees Celsius
2. Line a large baking tin with baking paper.
3. Combine the oats, oil and salt and choc chips/nuts in a large bowl mix until evenly coated.
4. Combine the honey & brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla & cinnamon.
6. Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture in the large bowl until thoroughly combined.
7. Pour into large baking tin and flatten with a spatula until you have a nice even layer.
8. Bake for 35-40 mins, or until golden brown.
9. Remove the baking paper with baked goods and allow to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
10. Cut into desired size.
My cute boy helping mumma stir.