Tuesday 31 March 2015

Southwest Chicken Casserole

Last night I baked a massive steggles chicken (which btw I got on sale for $2.67). I had a fair bit of chicken left over, so I went searching for a new recipe to cook for tonight. Settled on this Southwest chicken casserole, used the leftover chicken, which meant our meat for 2 nights was.... that’s right $2.67!!! Actually, we still have enough leftover for homemade pizzas. Loved this recipe and even miss fussy 7 year old ate it.

Southwest Chicken Casserole
230g pasta, cooked and drained
300g chicken, cooked and shredded
230g sour cream
1 onion, diced
1 Red capsicum, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 packet taco seasoning
100g grated cheese

Step 1:  Pre heat oven to 180 degrees

Step 2: Sauté onions, capsicum and garlic until soft.

Step 3: Mix all ingredients except grated cheese.

Step 4: Pour mixture into greased casserole dish.

Step 5: Sprinkle cheese on top.

Step 6: Bake for 20 minutes.


Enjoy!!


Stop by tomorrow as I’m planning to make homemade bread rolls. I have never done this before, so wish me luck! If all goes well, I will post the recipe tomorrowJ

No comments:

Post a Comment