Sunday 29 March 2015

Frugal Sugar Scrub

Hello friends.

I love Pinterest!!! I find all my ideas from there for cooking, parties, gifts, house reno's and the list goes on. Last year I thought I would finally try out one of the gift ideas that I had pinned (it's too easy to pin ideas & never try them). I decided to make some body scrubs to go along with some Christmas gifts that i was giving. There are tons of recipes on Pinterest but this is just the one that I decided to use...it was super easy & super cheap. In fact the most expensive part was the jar to store it in but even that was cheap! 

I love cinnamon, so originally i made a cinnamon scented scrub. Here is the recipe 
http://www.savynaturalista.com/2013/11/15/cinnamon-sugar-body-scrub/

After making it, i decided that the cinnamon smell didn't quite feel right, so i purchased a green tea essential oil. I made a batch of the same recipe, but swapped the cinnamon & cinnamon essential oils for 10 drops of the green tea essential oil and loved it!
As for the jar, i purchased a pack of 12 half pint mason jars off ebay, which cost $30 and was delivered to my door (the best kind of shopping when you have kids)! That means each jar cost $2.50 & i haven't come across them cheaper as yet. You can decorate the jars however you want & they make a cute gift.





That's all for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment