Thursday 9 June 2016

Soft Sugar Cookies

Yesterday I made a sugar free cake for my sister’s birthday. It was terrible!! I mean seriously bad lol! We all had a good laugh about how bad it was. Clearly I don't have a  knack for baking without sugar!  Anyway, the cake (that got thrown in the bin) needed 12 egg whites….That’s right, 12!!!! So I then had 12 egg yolks I needed to use. So I went on the hunt for some recipes. I was trying to find things that used more than 1 egg yolk, otherwise I was going to be cooking all day!! I tried 3 different recipes…one was shocking (homemade mayonnaise), one was ok (breakfast burritos, but I used Turkey mince & I didn’t love it) but the other 1 turned out great. To make up for the disgusting no sugar cake,  I made naughty but very delicious “soft sugar cookies”. Butter...yum! Sugar...yum! So without further ado, here is the recipe….

Ingredients:
* 2 ½ cups plain flour
* ¾ tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 160g butter, softened
* 1 ¼ cups sugar
* 3 egg yolks
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* ¼ cup sugar, for rolling


Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2.  In a large bowl, cream together butter & sugar until combined.
3. Add egg yolks & vanilla extract and mix till combined.
4. Add flour, baking powder & baking soda and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix it.
5. Roll into balls (I got 42) and roll in the remaining sugar.
6. Place onto lined baking trays and flatten slightly with palm of your hand.
7. Cook for 15 minutes or until the tops of the cookies slightly crack.
8. Store for up to a week in an airtight container.

Enjoy the rest of your day,
Kylie xx





No comments:

Post a Comment